6.7.11

3 reasons Tread on Trafficking was so special to me...


I have wanted to write a post about my Tread on Trafficking journey for a while, but I kept getting distracted by work/life. As I reflect on the last two months, there are three reasons why these past 8 weeks will stay with me forever:

1. I treaded for 94 miles. Was this my goal? No, but sometimes it's about the journey and not the destination.  I work about an hour from home, so I spent weeks waking up at 6am, doing my daily work-out, and then going to work. I'd get home at 7pm, eat dinner, and then I'd walk for 2-3 miles in the evening. I felt like I was achieving something so special by pushing myself like this.... It was a really proud moment for me (and a routine I hope I will return to soon). As a girl who has struggled with my weight since I was a young child, I was so proud that I was finally making that change.

2. I convinced 11 people to support me as I treaded and raised $310.00! I was so scared to share this endeavor with my friends and family because I am not fit. I don't run for causes . . . but they did support me! I was SO SO thankful for that. I am also SO SO confident that the money donated is going to a wonderful organization who is doing something AMAZING and INSPIRING to prevent sex trafficking and to rehabilitate the survivors of this horrific industry.

3. As I revealed in my last blog post, my dad died on June 11th. It has basically changed my whole world, and it's left me completely heartbroken. But you know what's so special? The last thing he supported me doing was Treading on Trafficking. He even sponsored me... I sometimes look at my sponsors just to see his name scroll down the list. It comforts me to know just how much he supported me as I tried to spread awareness on the reality of human trafficking. He supported my fitness goals... and he was proud of what I had been doing. That will stay with me forever, and what better final project for him to support?

I wish I could write and say that it has been a great 8 weeks for me because that would be a lie, but I know that when the pain starts to dissipate, I'll be able to look back on these last 8 weeks, and I'll find comfort that it was my dad's last memory of me - a girl who was FINALLY fighting to change her life.

I hope I can find the strength to be that girl again....

Thanks for reading,
Steph

What was so special about your Tread on Trafficking journey? Please share in comments! 

3 comments:

  1. I have faith you will find her again. He'd be proud of you for everything you did.

    I too would like to get back to walking/exercising but I just have been in such a rut lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing with the Love146 community. It's such an honor to be a part of your journey in this way and for you to inspire us all to continue fighting.
    Sarah
    VP of Communications, Love146

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will find that girl again!

    If you have not read The Shack, I would highly recommend it. Especially at a time when you probably have some questions for God. It definitely changed me.

    Thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete